Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Laws of leggings


Just as I have been with blogging and texting, it took me a long time to come around to leggings. Probably because I did them in like 4th and 5th grade, and wasn't exactly in my best looks at the time. Also because I see people around me wearing leggings in ways that make me cringe. So I have for myself, and recommend you all follow certain laws when it comes to leggings... I hope this will help avoid us all looking back and saying "yikes! did I actually think that looked good?"


1. Cover your tushie! Leggings are not pants, no matter how great your hind end is, it looks silly to wear leggings and a regular length shirt.


2. There are two types of leggings- footless tights which are thinner and heh-hemm sheer (more sheer then some wearers realize) and the kind that are thicker. As in rule #1 even the thicker should be worn with a longer tunicy type top, but the thinner ones should be treated as nylons- if you wouldn't wear this with flesh colored nylons, don't wear it with tights. (see picture below! eek!) This is more a modesty issue then a fashion issue. I personally don't wear leggings to church- I think it's a more causual look.


3. wear the right shoes, some look better then others, I like round toe wedges.


4. If your a beginner start slow, don't jump into electric blue, start with black and grey. I personally will probably remain a beginner until the trend is over!




2 comments: