Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our house, a work in progress...






















I thought I'd post a lot about our house and what we are working on, but I havn't until now. I'm making myself do it now and relizing that I haven't done it before, because I feel like I'm never done. The front room and the kitchen are reasonably clean at the moment so I snapped a couple pictures. I love decorating, and re-decorating, and a year from now these may serve as "before" pictures, rather than "after" pictures, but I'm pretty comfortable with these rooms for now, and I've got to many other rooms to tackle!
I'm proud to say that my home doesn't look like a magazine page- it looks like us! (James might say it looks like me more than him.) It is a hodge podge of hand me down antiques, garage sale and craigslist free or cheap, and clearanced out stuff.

I don't know how to describe the style, a little French? Shabby sheek? Northwest coastal? A little of all those things I hope. I do love mixing formal and informal, and pull inspiration from Ballard designs, restoration hardware, pottery barn, and of course friends and family who have fabulous decor themselves. You all seem to have several somethings I would want willed to me!






1 comment:

  1. I love yo! You are a fabulous decorator! it was so nice to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete