Sunday, August 29, 2010

Book Review


I recommended this series and I finnished the 3rd (and final) book a few days ago and so I thought I'd "review" it. I loved, I mean loved the first book, one of my favorite books ever, #2 was good, it made me really excited for #3. Mocking jay however had a couple of things lacking that totally bummed me out. I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I'll try to be somewhat vauge with still giving my opinion, but if you don't want any clue, stop reading now!
The good: very exciting, heart pumping, especially the last 2/3rds it's just go, go, go. Heart wrenching... of course people you love die, I got teary eyed in one place and did the ugly cry in another. It has to be good writing for you to care that much. As far as the love triangle goes, her choice is what I thought it should be.
The disappointments: The ending is abrupt, leaving awkward dead ends to long standing realationships. The two biggest choices she makes, (one political the other with the love triangle thing) left me without the why filled in very well. I want the scenes, monologue and dialoge that leave me understanding her choices, this was done so well in the other books!! AAAHHH! It bothered me deeply for about a day, and at this point I've rewritten it in my head so that it feels more done.
anyone else love or hate it?

1 comment:

  1. *****SPOILERS******

    Mostly I just agree with your assesment. I am interested to hear your rewritten ending. Mine mostly includes Gale sacrificing his life for Peeta and the star crossed lovers naming their first son Gale. That might be all I would change. I think it is strange and slightly out of character for Gale to just nobly remove himself. We should chat it up over the phone. Love you!

    ReplyDelete